Tablets - 250 mg
Erythromycin is an antibiotic that belongs to a group of medicines called macrolides. These antibiotics act by killing or stopping the proliferation of bacteria that are causing the infection to you. Erythromycin, like other antibiotics, does not act on viral infections such as influenza.
Erythromycin is used for the treatment of infections in different parts of the body caused by bacteria, such as:
- alternative to penicillin in cases of hypersensitivity to penicillin;
- diphteria and pertussis;
- Legionnaires’s disease;
- acute bronchitis (infection of bronchi which causes cough);
- pneumonia (lung infection characterized by fever, malaise, headache);
- campylobacter enteritis;
- non-gonococcal urethritis, chronic prostatitis;
- syphilis, acne vulgaris and rosacea.