Solution for injection - (25%) 2500 mg/10 ml
Magnesium prevents or controls convulsions by blocking neuromuscular impulse transmission by decreasing the amount of acetylcholine released by the motor nerve impulse. Magnesium has a depressing effect on the central nervous system. Normal magnesium plasma levels are 1.5 – 3 mEq/l. 1 g magnesium sulphate contains 8.12 mEq magnesium.
Sulfat magnezi, solution for injection, 2500 mg / 10 ml is indicated in:
• prevention and control of convulsions in pre – eclampsia or severe eclampsia without causing harmful depression of central nervous system of the mother or baby;
• prevention and control of convulsions associated with hypomagnesaemia;
• control of hypertension, encephalopathy and convulsions in children with acute nephritis;
• inhibition of preterm labour;
• treatment of life – threatening ventricular arrhythmias.